You've found the home on the net for romance writer, LaVerne Clark. Thanks for visiting! :)

I write suspense and light fantasy/paranormal set in the beautiful country of New Zealand. A land of myths and magic, Aotearoa (Maori for Long White Cloud) has always been a storytelling nation and it is my pleasure to share mine with you.

Make yourself your drink of choice, stay a while and feel free to leave comments. I love to meet new friends.



Heartpounding suspense and fantasy Downunder



Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Book Tour - Rebecca Royce

Please help me welcome Rebecca Royce, YA author, to Novel Natterings. I'm thrilled to have you here Rebecca :)

Rebecca will be awarding a $50 Amazon GC to one randomly drawn commenter during the tour and a digital copy of Initiation: The Warrior Book 1 to one randomly drawn commenter during the tour. One randomly drawn host will win a $50 Amazon GC. 

Sounds good doesn't it?! So without further ado - lets have a gander at SUBVERSIVE, Rebecca's latest release.


BLURB:

Rachel Clancy has been through a lot. She’s been sent to fight vampires, lost two boyfriends—one to a vampire and one because of his daddy issues—and now she is trying to lead a secret revolution that could change Genesis, her home, forever. Her confidence is shot, her hands are shaking, and she hasn’t felt a real emotion, except for anger, in a long time.

But Rachel should never be counted out. She sees things others can’t, even if her ideas are considered downright traitorous. There is an important life for Rachel to lead in the world, even if its filed with vampires and werewolves instead of romance and flowers. Rachel has always had to fight, she’s good at it, and the evil that has stalked her hasn’t forgotten her name.

 
I love the sound of this Rebecca! Looks like I've got a series to put on my TBR pile now :) Can you tell us a bit about yourself?
I am a published author since 2009.  Mostly, I write Paranormal Romance but I do occasionally move out into other genres like Fantasy and Science Fiction.  I write both for adult audiences and young adult audiences depending on the series.
I’m a wife and a mother. I like reading, writing, Broadway shows, and travelling.
When did you first consider yourself a writer?
When I published my first book Her Wolf: The Westesrvelt Wolves Book 1

Do you remember what inspired you to write your first book?
I went to the zoo with my kids around Halloween and I think it triggered the story but I’m never entirely certain where my ideas come from.
I love call stories. Can you tell us about yours and your reaction?
I didn’t get a call, I got an e-mail.  I was in Disney World with my kids.  I had sporadic e-mail access because I was in the parks most of the day. I got a ‘we like this but resubmit with some changes’ e-mail. I let my husband take all the kids to the park without me so I could sit in the hotel room and rewrite.  Then they took it.  It was great.

What an awesome feeling isn't it? And worth every minute of that hard work. What drew you to write your chosen genre?
I’ve always had an interest in the ‘other.’  And I’m a born Romantic.
What’s the most challenging part of the writing process for you?
Every book has a different challenge for me. Its actually interesting to see what things pop up where.
Has anything coincidental happened in the real world while writing one of your books in terms of the characters, scenes or world you’ve created?
One of my sons was recovering from surgery around the same time that one of my characters had to so I had a pretty good sense of things when I wrote it.  I think that would be the most coincidental thing I had going on. My ‘real’ life doesn’t coincide very often with my characters stories.
Probably a good thing judging by the blurb! :) What are you working on right now?
I’m writing one of my Outsider books.
Latest news?
I’m continuing to write stories that I hope people want to read.
Where can we find you and your books?
(Rebecca has an extensive backlist and current project list - check it out!)
Don't forget Rebecca's generous giveaway over the course of her tour - so fire ahead with questions or comments for her - and you can find the other stops on the tour here for more chances to win: 
Thanks Rebecca - that was fun!
As a teenager, Rebecca Royce would hide in her room to read her favorite romance novels when she was supposed to be doing her homework. She hopes, these days, that her parents think it was well worth it.

Rebecca is the mother of three adorable boys and is fortunate to be married to her best friend. They live in northern New Jersey and try not to freeze too badly during the winter months.

She's in love with science fiction, fantasy, and the paranormal and tries to use all of these elements in her writing. She's been told she's a little bloodthirsty so she hopes that when you read her work you'll enjoy the action packed ride that always ends in romance. Rebecca loves to write series because she loves to see characters develop over time and it always makes her happy to see her favorite characters make guest appearances in other books.

In Rebecca Royce's world anything is possible, anything can happen, and you should suspect that it will.

8 comments:

  1. Cool to find out how versatile you are...it always seems like such a shame when a writer has to stick to one genre. Good luck with the release!

    eai(at)stanfordalumni(dot)org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she amazing adoffae6? A fine balancing act too I would imagine. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Yes, real life incidents can really make your writing come alive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rebecca, did your husband get angry when he had to take the kids to the park alone?
    Kit3247(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely interview. :)

    Becky01x(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice interview. It sounds as though you are very busy with two different audiences and multiple series.

    ReplyDelete